This year, I fully leaned into Customer-Led Growth to run customer research for my clients and help them understand where they can make improvements in their product, customer support, messaging and positioning.
The ultimate goal: help my clients serve their ideal customers better and give them value in the shortest possible amount of time.
When I look at my various 2022 stats—like the number of projects, interviews done, surveys run—the numbers seem small. However, their impact is much larger than what they suggest! The time and effort and skill that goes into them is also so hard to put into figures.
In 2022, I helped my clients serve their ideal customers better and give them value in the shortest possible amount of time.
Here are some numbers.
- I worked with 8 clients for an average project duration of 1.5 months. Here’s what a typical engagement looks like.
- I ran 40 customer interviews. That’s just over 24 hours total spent talking to my clients’ customers. A full day!
- I parsed 69 interview transcripts, including those of the interviews I didn’t conduct myself. I need between an hour and an hour and a half for each transcript to fully process it, so that’s, um, just over 100 hours on parsing alone!
- I analyzed 375 customer survey replies. It takes me on average two to three minutes to parse the themes from each response, so that’s between 750 and 1125 minutes total, or up to 19 hours of non-stop analysis.
- And to analyze, crystallize and prepare recommendations based on all that data… Can’t even begin to count the hours. Won’t even try!
In 2023, I have plans to do so much more!
2022 has been my best year yet, both in terms of fulfilling work and the income I earned from doing it.
It’s a nice trend that I hope continues next year. I’ll make dang sure of it.
SMM Headqurters owner